Mistakes To Avoid While Traveling Long TermApril 9, 2019
Long term travel is the stuff dreams are made of. It is not for everyone but for those who can do it, there is nothing like it. Technology has made long term travel all the more easier; people are able to blog about their travels, vlog about their travels and make money in the bargain too. If you want to jump in the long term travel bandwagon, you should, but avoid the mistakes mentioned below:
- Even though you can make money by blogging or making videos and so on, there is a lot of competition and you do not know how much you can make unless you have a lot of subscribers, so it is a good idea to have some money before you commence your trip. Many people make the mistake of thinking they can make money and keep traveling, it is possible but more often than not, having money in the bank is the best option, so start your travels only after you have the necessary money.
- Another mistake which a lot of new travellers make is to think that they can get visas on arrival wherever they head to. This is a total misconception as many countries do not provide this, you need to get visas well in advance; some countries provide visas on arrival, so research and plan your travels.
- Many people make the mistake of giving away their belongings or selling them before they start their travels. What they forget is that they are going to return one day and they need to buy the same things again. The right thing to do would be to rent storage units Oakland and keep your things there. When you return you can get your things and the rent for these would be a lot lesser than buying them anew.
- When you go to a new country you should check what all vaccinations are required. The most common mistake by many is to not check the websites and get the list of vaccinations required. For example to travel to Tanzania you need to be vaccinated for Yellow Fever and you need to carry the medical certificate for the same and if you do not have it the immigration officer can cancel your visa and not let you in. So go through the websites of the countries you plan to visit and check the medical details so that you get the required vaccinations. A point to note is that some vaccinations require 2 -3 shots so make sure there is time to get the shots too or plan accordingly.
- A mistake that should be avoided by all, whether you are a long term traveller or not is to not make fun of the local language and culture. Many people make of fun of local customs and set bad precedents.